CTA in a Nutshell:
CTA was founded on a campfire toast and the promise of an integrated and collaborative design approach. For the last 80 years, our team of architects and engineers have combined intellectual forces to carry out one, simple mission: devise thoughtful and efficient design solutions for our clients. Ready to create with us?
The Position Itself:
As a Building Energy Analyst at CTA, you will be joining the ranks of a large engineering group across 14 offices in the US. The Energy Services team, some of the best in their field, are a close-knit crew tackling the challenges of efficiency for a wide array of clients across markets and project types.
This dynamic position, seated in our Boise, Idaho office, will offer you the opportunity to influence design decisions as part of a diverse and integrated design team and develop complex and sophisticated engineering systems with assistance from experienced engineers and architects. At any given time, you may tackle projects across the retail, commercial, government, or education markets. It will be your responsibility to analyze architectural, mechanical, electrical, and refrigeration systems, and effectively communicate gained insights to project design teams.
As a qualified candidate, you should have a track record of leading and managing projects and have a working knowledge of building codes and green building rating systems. You’ll need to be a natural leader, yet flexible, agile, and comfortable with performing both energy analyst and mechanical designer roles.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Early stage energy modeling for design guidance using software such as OpenStudio, eQUEST, and Ladybug Tools
- Documentation level modeling for code compliance and green building rating systems
- Set and track performance goals using benchmarking databases compared against Architecture 2030 targets
- Guide architects and engineers in design decisions as part of an integrated design team
- Design HVAC and plumbing systems
- Perform life cycle cost analyses of building systems
- Analyze and compare complex HVAC and refrigeration systems
- Analyze renewable energy systems
- Communicate results and lessons learned to diverse project teams, including architects, engineers, contractors, and owners.
- Calculate utility incentive opportunities
- Develop workflows and tools to improve internal processes
- Relevant bachelor’s degree from accredited university
- Minimum 2 years energy modeling experience
- Familiarity with OpenStudio, EnergyPlus, eQUEST, Trace, or other simulation software
- Strong technical writing skills
- Effective collaborator and communicator
- Knowledge and understanding of building science and HVAC systems
- Knowledge of building energy codes and standards (e.g., ASHRAE 90.1, IECC)
- PE license / EIT certification
- ASHRAE BEMP certification
- Experience with LEED optimize energy and integrative design process credits
- Knowledge of commercial refrigeration systems
- Programming experience
- Familiarity with Ladybug Tools for Grasshopper
- Daylight modeling experience
- Computational fluid dynamics (CFD) experience
Working at CTA comes with a comprehensive benefits package including production bonuses, medical/dental/vision/life insurance, a 401(k) savings plan with a 4% company match & immediate vesting, holiday and paid time off, and an evolving wellness program.
Each of our unique offices promise a variety of ways to get involved with the community and have some fun with office and local events. We’re excited to show you around!
CTA Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, including veterans and disabled individuals.
To be considered for this opportunity, click here to apply:
We look forward to viewing your cover letter, resume and application materials!