Excellent opportunity to join a well-respected and dedicated team of sustainability experts in the greater Boston area! The Green Engineer is seeking an experienced Building Performance Analyst with 3-5 years of experience with building energy modeling and sustainable building design. Join one of the pioneers of green engineering and work on many high-profile projects! We are an employee-owned MA Benefit Corporation, located in Concord, recognized as “Best for the World” for our environmental performance by B Lab.
The Building Performance Analyst will have the following responsibilities:
- Create LEED/Utility quality energy models and perform simplified analysis techniques with minimal oversight to evaluate building designs and inform the integrated design process within the proposed budget.
- Manage all aspects of modeling projects, including client and LEED PM communications (written and oral), expectation setting, problem escalation to Sr BPA or LEED PM, and participation in problem resolution.
- Manage work to meet deadlines and stay within project budget; make internal fee revisions if needed and manage work to stay within revised fee.
- Ability to train assistants to efficiently perform support functions.
- Review construction documents and specifications to verify building envelope, HVAC and electrical equipment and controls details for the purposes of energy modeling.
- Participate in client meetings and proactively inform the design through the integrated design process based on building performance analysis
- Understand applicable energy codes, local statutory requirements and ability to appropriately respond to code authorities (e.g. GBCI, Utilities etc.) regarding analysis methods and results.
- Research green building technologies, trends and materials.
- Assist with other consulting and LEED duties as needed.
- Participate in client meetings to discuss sustainable design, energy reduction strategies, and present energy analysis findings.
- Research green building technologies, trends, materials, etc.
- Assist with other consulting and LEED duties as needed
- Participate in specified company public relations and marketing efforts.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Architecture, Engineering, or related field
- 3-5 years of related work experience preferred.
- LEED Accredited Professional (preferred), ideally with experience on one or more LEED projects.
- Energy modeling experience required.
- Experience with eQuest, DesignBuilder (EnergyPlus), Open Studio or similar software.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite; AutoCAD or other computer-aided design (CAD) software is required.
- Experience with HVAC systems and mechanical drawings and specifications.
- Knowledge of ASHRAE 90.1 and other relevant standards required
- Familiarity with “Green Building” practices, policies, technologies, etc.
- Building Energy Modeling Professional (BEMP) certification preferred.
- Knowledge of a daylighting analysis software is a plus.
- Knowledge of environmental analysis plug-ins like Ladybug, Honeybee for Grasshoper/Rhino 3D are a plus.
Compensation: Compensation package is very competitive. Strong salary commensurate with experience. Outstanding perks include100% employer paid health care, paid professional development, flex-time, unlimited PTO, bonuses, profit sharing and more!
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com