Ambient Energy is a socially responsible third-party consulting firm specializing in commissioning, energy analysis, and sustainable design. Our team works with owners, architects, and contractors to push limits in the design, construction, and operations of high-performance buildings.
We are hiring for a building performance engineer in our Denver office.
- Have a passion for our vision to improve the social and environmental impact of buildings by ensuring they work properly, are healthy, comfortable and save energy
- Works with clients to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, implement net zero energy and beneficial electrification with innovative technology and operating strategies
- Work with BPE team to develop and identify opportunities for improvements and best practices for consulting
- Assists with lunch and learns and other marketing
- Leads building performance design consulting for commercial and multi-family new construction projects and major renovations
- Collaborates with project teams
- Prepares energy analysis and reports for massing, solar control, daylighting and passive strategies and architectural, electrical, mechanical and renewable energy systems
- Uses EnergyPlus / OpenStudio, uses and writes measures (Ruby, Python), IES-VE, eQuest, BIM (REVIT, Sketchup, Bluebeam), and life-cycle cost analysis
- Performs QA / QC of inputs and analysis using annual, monthly, and hourly results
- Consults to LEED, Living Building Challenge, and WELL Building rating systems
- Applies ASHRAE Standards 90.1, 55.1, and 62.1 and local codes
- Schedules reviews by BPE TL and Project Managers
- May perform energy audits, measurement and verification through calibrated simulation, daylight consulting, natural ventilation, comfort analysis, and commissioning tasks.
Organization & Relationships
- Responsible for project profit and meeting deadlines
- Responsible for client and design team communication
- Excellent communication including public speaking
- Ability to multitask multiple project deadlines
- 3-7 years of related professional experience*
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline required
- EIT or PE, ASHRAE Building Energy Modeling Professional
*Years of experience and qualifications will determine the level at which you are hired (level II, III or Senior)
$60,000 - $110,000
Why Work at Ambient Energy
Ambient Energy's culture is reflective of our company vision of working towards a resilient and regenerative built environment with buildings that have a positive impact on people and the world.
Ambient Energy strives to be a preferred employer in our community by providing a positive, rewarding and sustainable environment. We use our values to help guide us to achieve this goal.
- IMPACT – We make a positive impact on the environment through projects that are harmonious with the natural world.
- COLLABORATE – We collaborate with our clients and the entire design team to create the most sustainable, functional, and cost-effective projects possible.
- INNOVATE – We utilize cutting-edge technologies and tools to create durable, responsible, and innovative projects.
Ambient Energy places a high value on respecting our employee’s quality of life. Providing a balance between work and personal life enables our team to do their best work for the company each hour that they are here.
We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits including health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance, 401k plan with company match, flexible work schedules, telecommuting (during pandemic, and at least 1 day per week normal), paid time off, personal development time/budget, paid volunteer time, healthy snacks, and opportunities to impact and shape the future of the built world!
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply on our website ambient-e.com.