Atlanta, GA (office-based) or other North America location by arrangement (home-working)
IES offers you unparalleled opportunities to build and progress a career in building simulation and, to develop both personally and professionally. You will provide technical expertise for VE user, supporting the North American team as you develop new users and grow existing relationships. You will provide dedicated face-to-face and web training to software users, assist in answering technical support queries, and liaise with our worldwide software development team. You will be responsible for creating user guides and material to enhance user understanding. You will be given the training, encouragement and support to challenge yourself and develop your career, as part of a unique team.
Duties will include:
- Providing support via telephone and email directly to customers.
- Assisting users with troubleshooting and diagnosis of model issues.
- Advising customers on modelling questions, related to software usage and application of industry knowledge.
- Contributing to quality of assistance provided by the company in the form of Knowledge Base Content, User Guides and other proactive guidance.
- Working with the Support team to ensure knowledge and skills are shared effectively, involves learning from others as well as providing guidance.
- Formal training on new software features, products and company services will be provided on an on-going basis.
- Assisting with QA processes including testing of new software products prior to release to market.
You may already be an experienced engineer looking to develop your career with a company who is at the forefront of building simulation technology. Alternatively, you may be a recent engineering graduate looking to kick-start your career.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Clear and confident communications skills.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant Architecture or Engineering discipline, such as Mechanical Engineering, Architectural Engineering, Building Services Engineering or Building Physics.
- Knowledge of HVAC systems is essential. Knowledge of controls and/or modeling of systems is desirable.
- Experience of using building simulation software or related software tools is desirable (e.g. CAD, energy modeling, loads analysis, daylight modeling, solar modeling, HVAC design tools).
- Experience with the IES Virtual Environment software will be a distinct advantage, but is not essential.
- Experience with LEED and ASHRAE Standard 90.1 modeling is desirable.
- Knowledge of scripting and Python language is desirable.
- Ability and willingness to travel throughout North America (US & Canada) when required.
In return we offer the chance to work for a dynamic company in an exciting and supportive working environment; we will reward you with a competitive salary; health, dental, vision, life insurance, a 401k plan and flexible start times.
Happy to talk flexible working!
To apply for the role please send a cover letter stating the skills you have from the requirements listed above and an up to date resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Early application is encouraged and IES reserves the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.
At IES, we value People, Purpose and Innovation. We offer a flexible and supportive working environment and the opportunity to work with a team of friendly, interesting and diverse people from across the globe, who are passionate about what we do.
Our mission is to contribute to conserving the earth’s natural resources for future generations by reducing the carbon emissions of the built environment. IES is at the forefront of cutting-edge technology in the green-building sector and our Virtual Environment (VE) software is the only tool that allows the design team to simulate the full performance of a building model.
Our world-leading 3D performance analysis software is used by our clients to design high-quality and innovative buildings across the globe, while minimizing the impact on the environment. IES’ technology is supported by integrated consulting services and today its capabilities are expanding from use on individual buildings, to helping create sustainable communities, cities and countries.
We welcome applications from everyone irrespective of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex and sexual orientation. Individuals are treated on the basis of their relevant skills and experience.
Information on all candidates being considered for roles within the organisation will be handled in accordance with the provision of the General Data Protection Regulations (as amended from time to time). For more information, please see our Recruitment Privacy Statement.