Atlanta, GA (or remote working by arrangement)
We are recruiting for an experienced technical sales manager to join our business development team. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing the business within the master planning, facilities management, urban planning and energy management markets across the eastern half of North America. Forming and building relationships with clients and selling the technical benefits of our unique range of products and services, the candidate will:
- Apply expertise in master planning, urban planning building energy management and cost optimization to grow the IES customer base
- Support the growth of the building operations, smart cities & communities business, establishing and managing a sales pipeline
- Ensure clients are provided with a high level of pre and post-sales support
- Co-ordinate with the marketing team to manage external communications
- Be involved with feature specification for software development
- The position will require regular travel throughout North America, to conduct prospecting meetings and presentations.
We are looking for a candidate from a master planning, energy modelling, building operations or urban design background, however full training in our products and services will be provided. Perhaps you come from an engineering or architectural background and are looking to make the move into a more client-facing position.
- Master of Architecture or Bachelor of Engineering Degree (Mechanical or Electrical)
- At least two years’ experience working in a related AEC position
- Outstanding influencing and relationship-building skills
- Professional presentation and public speaking skills
- A proactive attitude and ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to develop leads and win sustainable business.
Construction industry experience
- Sustainable building design
- Awareness of energy regulations (e.g. ASHRAE 90.1, 62.1, 170, 55)
- Awareness of voluntary environmental rating schemes including LEED.
- Knowledge and experience in the master planning or urban planning arena(s)
- Knowledge of the Virtual Environment (VE) software or other mechanical design/analysis software such as Trane TRACE would be an advantage
- Knowledge of building control systems
- Knowledge of other technical AEC software tools/workflows/languages (e.g. Sketchup, Revit, EnergyPlus, Python, etc.)
- Experience of Salesforce CRM software
- Active role in some of the Industry’s various organizations (E.g. Smart Cities Council, ULI, ASHRAE, IBPSA, USGBC etc.)
In return we offer the chance to work for a dynamic company in an exciting and supportive working environment; we will reward you with a competitive salary; health, dental, vision, life insurance and a 401k plan.
To apply for the role, please send a cover letter stating the skills you have from the requirements listed above and an up-to-date resume to email@example.com.
At IES, we value People, Purpose and Innovation. We offer a flexible and supportive working environment and the opportunity to work with a team of friendly, interesting and diverse people from across the globe, who are passionate about what we do.
Our mission is to contribute to conserving the earth’s natural resources for future generations by reducing the carbon emissions of the built environment. IES is at the forefront of cutting-edge technology in the green-building sector and our Virtual Environment (VE) software is the only tool that allows the design team to simulate the full performance of a building model.
Our world-leading 3D performance analysis software is used by our clients to design high-quality and innovative buildings across the globe, while minimising the impact on the environment. IES’ technology is supported by integrated consulting services and today its capabilities are expanding from use on individual buildings, to helping create sustainable communities, cities and countries.
We welcome applications from everyone irrespective of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex and sexual orientation. Individuals are treated on the basis of their relevant merits and abilities.
Information on all candidates being considered for roles within the organisation will be handled in accordance with the provision of the General Data Protection Regulations (as amended from time to time). For more information, please see our Recruitment Privacy Statement.