Architectural Nexus is a people driven, architectural design firm focused on stewardship, inspiration, and regeneration. We have offices in two locations: Salt Lake City, Utah and Sacramento, California. Our Sacramento office building is the first and only Living Building in California and our Salt Lake City office building is double LEED Platinum. As an employee owned firm (ESOP) we value and reward the contributions of all employees.
We are looking for an experienced Energy Modeler to join our progressive firm. Come and enjoy the breathtaking views, world renowned outdoor recreation, and friendly people in Utah while working on some very exciting projects. Now is the time to embrace this opportunity to direct your career. This position is for an Energy Modeler who can work collaboratively with the Architectural team to inform and influence design from initial concept, through all phases of design and certification. Candidates are expected to be able to scale their efforts appropriately to the phase of design to adequately guide projects towards their energy goals. Candidates must also be able to work with the information that is available and be resourceful in complementing that information in order to add meaningful direction to the design team.
Additionally, Arch Nexus is excited to begin the process of transitioning our Director of Regenerative Design role over the course of the next several years. A candidate who is capable of energy modeling and has expertise in any one or more of the following may also apply for this pathway to leadership:
- Resiliency planning
- Occupant engagement
- Material health and transparency
- Living Building Challenge
- WELL Building Standard
- Provide guidance to the design team to meet energy goals
- Generate whole building energy analysis from concept to certification
- Analyze energy envelope, HVAC, lighting, and other building systems
- Evaluate airflow, thermal comfort, and indoor air quality
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Must be passionate about regenerative design
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Architecture candidates will be considered. Engineering candidates preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of energy modeling experience in the AEC industry required. Preference given to candidates with more experience.
- Strong understanding of building science and building technology systems such as HVAC, envelope, and lighting.
- Proficient with energy modeling software such as IES-VE, eQuest, Energy Plus, etc. All current projects at Arch Nexus are modeled in IES-VE.
- Experience with modeling protocols such as ASHRAE 90.1, California Title 24, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Proficient and experienced in creating modeling reports for LEED certification requirements.
- Comfortable receiving and incorporating critical feedback.
- Ability to work quickly and be deadline oriented.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- BEMP certification
- Ability to calculate Life Cycle Cost Analysis
- Familiarity with Revit
- Familiarity with daylight modeling
- Familiarity with CFD analysis
- Experience with scripting and programming
- We are an Employee Owned Firm (ESOP)
- Large-firm opportunities in a small-firm culture
- Excellent medical and dental benefits
- Matching 401(k) and/or Roth 401(k) plan
- Twice yearly incentive and accountability bonus program
- Holiday and vacation benefits
- Philanthropy program including paid volunteer time
- 6 weeks paid parental leave
- Pay commensurate with abilities and experience
Email resumes and references to:
Principal | Director of Communications
Thanks for sending your resume; we look forward to getting to know you.