An excellent opportunity for an Energy Analyst to join our expanding team in New York!
BuroHappold Engineering is looking for an Energy Analyst to join our expanding team. You will be part of an integrated building environments group, working closely with MEP and Sustainability engineers and designers. We work across scales including high performance buildings, campus and cities. Our current portfolio includes thirteen net-zero energy projects, two Living Building Challenge certified projects, and twenty-four LEED Platinum certified projects.
The Energy Analyst will work across a range of projects, working as an integrated part of multiple project teams. They will work under the guidance of the project leader to meet the analytical needs of the project (loads models, LEED energy model and high performance analysis) and will be mentored by our Senior energy modelers.
- Familiarity with energy modeling inputs and workflows including HVAC system modeling.
- Genuine inner drive to automate mundane tasks
- Strong proficiency in visual scripting interfaces such as Grasshopper and Dynamo, and environmental Rhino plugins such as Honeybee, Ladybug, etc.
- Experience in the analysis of passive design strategies to inform early phase decisions.
- Experience in quantifying and graphically reporting of energy conservation measures.
- Experience with IES Virtual Environment and/or EnergyPlus.
- Knowledge of ASHRAE 90.1 compliance.
- Knowledge of commonly modeled mechanical systems.
- Knowledge of energy audits and energy benchmarking of buildings.
- Knowledge of sustainability rating systems used in the industry.
- Completion of LEED energy model submittals.
- Interest or knowledge of applying data mining / machine learning to existing workflows
- Interest or knowledge in agent based modeling and other outside-the-box methods
- Ability to understand client goals and communicate analysis results with architects.
- Experience in presenting analytical information in a clear and concise manner.
- An ability to apply analytical skills across a range of scale (Buildings, Campus, Cities).
- An ability to use a variety of tools beyond common software to analyze complex problems.
- Experience of daylight modeling or CFD analysis.
- Strong graphic skills.
- Preferred 2-3 years of experience in a professional, fast-paced environment within the AEC Industry
- BA or BS degree required, architectural or engineering degree preferred
- MS degree in architectural or engineering preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving, research and analytical skills
- Creative thinking, high attention to detail and appreciation of good design
BuroHappold is proud to be a practice of a diverse range of professionals that reflects the countries in which we operate. In order to truly benefit from this diversity we must create an environment in which employees feel they can be themselves. BuroHappold actively promotes inclusivity across the practice to enable every individual to reach their full potential, feeling included is good for all of us. This begins with a fair and inclusive recruitment process which focuses on your skills, competencies and experiences in relation to the role. We understand that through collaboration, diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative and elegant solutions.