We are currently seeking a full-time Energy Efficiency Engineer to join our Policy & Ratings Team. The person selected to fill this position shall have knowledge of building science, energy-efficient technologies, energy modeling, and energy codes. Knowledge of HVAC systems is especially sought after, together with knowledge of grid harmonization technologies, demand response, and distributed generation. Knowledge of data science techniques and programming languages, including python, Ruby, Perl, or R is a plus.
As a member of the Energy Solutions team you will have a broad impact on state and national energy codes, and energy efficiency markets through our work for major North American utilities, city and state governments, and other national leaders in energy efficiency policy. This unique opportunity, paired with Energy Solutions’ mission driven approach, creates a perfect environment for individuals who want to have an active voice in shaping the energy future in California and beyond.
To apply, please visit https://energy-solution.com/company/careers/
Daily responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Analysis of energy efficient technologies in the context of energy policy
- Perform energy modeling using EnergyPlus and similar software and apply statistical methods to results
- Write reports on technical topics, such as Title 24 CASE reports, energy savings analysis, cost-effectiveness analyses, and code compliance
- Support development of proposals and business development efforts
- A Master’s degree in engineering (mechanical, electrical, environmental, architectural, or related field)
- 1-2 years of engineering or work experience in related area
- Knowledge of Title 24, ASHRAE 90.1, IECC, and other energy codes
- Demonstrated ability to write reports, technical papers, and provide technical presentations to knowledgeable audiences
- Expertise in energy modeling, deep knowledge of EnergyPlus, and experience with large-scale simulations, and data analysis and scripting
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Willingness to conduct occasional business travel
Founded in 1995, Energy Solutions is an employee owned energy efficiency and demand management engineering, program design and implementation consulting firm. Our mission is to create large-scale environmental impacts for our clients by implementing market-based solutions and developing policies that contribute to these goals. We foster this mission by retaining a talented and committed team, providing a stimulating, healthy and participatory workplace, and emphasizing creative new approaches that maximize the value of our services. With 100+ staff, we are honored to serve a diverse range of utility, public agency, commercial and industrial clients.
Our BART-accessible office is located in downtown Oakland, California. Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a generous retirement package. Energy Solutions provides an excellent benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance, other pre-tax contribution plans and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). To apply, please visit https://energy-solution.com/company/careers/. For more information about Energy Solutions, please visit us on our website at www.energy-solution.com. Information will be requested to perform the compulsory background check, drug screens are required and being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment. We participate in E-Verify.