At IES, we offer a flexible and supportive working environment and the opportunity to work with a team of friendly, interesting and diverse people from across the globe, who are passionate about what we do.
Our mission is to contribute to conserving the earth’s natural resources for future generations by reducing the carbon emissions of the built environment. IES is at the forefront of cutting-edge technology in the green-building sector and our Virtual Environment (VE) software is the only tool that allows the design team to simulate the full performance of a building model.
Our world-leading 3D performance analysis software is used by our clients to design high-quality and innovative buildings across the globe, while minimising the impact on the environment. IES’ technology is supported by integrated consulting services and today its capabilities are expanding from use on individual buildings, to helping create sustainable communities, cities and countries.
We are recruiting for an experienced engineer to join our consultancy team in our Atlanta office. IES offers you unparalleled opportunities to build and progress a career in building simulation, and to develop both personally and professionally.
You will be responsible for modelling complex HVAC projects. You will build detailed HVAC systems models, run simulations of building and mechanical system design alternatives, and advise clients on the results of those simulations. You will have the opportunity to work on challenging, high-profile projects, and will be given the encouragement and support to challenge yourself and develop your career, as part of a unique team of building simulation consultants.
We are looking for experienced building engineering professionals who are keen to develop their careers with a company that is at the forefront of building simulation technology.
Skills and qualifications include the following:
- A minimum of 3 years’ relevant industry experience
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in a relevant engineering discipline, such as Mechanical Engineering, Architectural Engineering, Building Science, or Building Physics.
- Basic knowledge of HVAC systems is essential. Relatively advanced knowledge of systems, controls, and/or modelling of systems is highly desirable.
- Experience in using building simulation software or related software tools (e.g. CAD, energy modelling, loads analysis, daylight modelling, solar modelling, HVAC design tools, etc.)
- Experience with the IES Virtual Environment software will be a distinct advantage, but is not required.
- Understanding of ASHRAE 90.1- particularly the Appendix G Performance Rating Method- and the LEED Green Building Rating System are highly desirable.
- Clear and confident communication skills.
In return we offer the chance to work for a dynamic company in an exciting and supportive working environment; we will reward you with a competitive salary; health, dental, vision, life insurance and a 401k plan.
To apply for the role please send a cover letter stating the skills you have from the requirements listed above and an up to date resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We welcome applications from everyone irrespective of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex and sexual orientation. Individuals are treated on the basis of their relevant merits and abilities.
Information on all candidates being considered for roles within the organisation will be handled in accordance with the provision of the General Data Protection Regulations (as amended from time to time). For more information, please see our Recruitment Privacy Statement.