Berkeley Lab’s Simulation Research Group (http://simulationresearch.lbl.gov/) has open positions in the areas of Modelica and FMI-based HVAC and control simulation in support of the Spawn of EnergyPlus, Modelica Buildings Library, and OpenBuildingControl.
The incumbents will conduct research on how to extend and apply Modelica and FMI technologies in the redesign of EnergyPlus to allow Modelica and FMI-based HVAC and control modeling, simulation and optimization of buildings and district energy systems.
The positions require
- experience in developing mathematical component and system models for building energy simulation,
- strong mathematical and software design and implementation skills for modeling and optimization in the domain of building energy and control systems, and
- a passion for developing computing programs, often involving multiple tools and languages, for the buildings industry.
To apply, visit the following links:
- Computational Research Scientist: https://lbl.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=85743
- Principal Scientific Engineering Associate: https://lbl.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=85745
- Post-Doctoral Fellow: https://lbl.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=85746