The Building Energy Research and Analysis Group within the Electricity Infrastructure & Buildings Division at Pacific Northwest National Laboratory is currently seeking a Building Energy Research Engineer for a Post Master and a Post Doc position. This position mainly involves using building simulation and other analytical tools to model and conduct simulations of building energy systems for high-efficiency residential and commercial buildings to support PNNL’s Building Energy Codes Program. Candidates with EnergyPlus or other energy simulation experience are particularly encouraged to apply.
• Master's Degree (for Post masters position) or Doctorate degree (for Post Doc position) in Architectural Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Building Sciences or related field with 0-2 years’ experience
• Experience providing technical presentations to knowledgeable audiences
• Experience applying statistical methods to research results
• Experience with EnergyPlus simulation software
• Experience with data-oriented programming/scripting languages and other computer software
• Coursework in energy efficiency, energy-related systems, energy metering technology, energy systems analysis and modeling, building energy simulations, business, economics, water conservation, sustainable development/design, or environmental science is preferred