Location: Anywhere, USA (Honestly!)
Zero Envy is a company designed for the talented, motivated millennial. Yes, we have real “work” to do (more on that below). But our other primary mission is to be the company that evolves with you, and for you. What do we mean by this?
- 100% remote work. Yep. Get your work done, but do it where and when it works for you.
- Unlimited vacation & sick days. Stay on track with your work, and then take time off for yourself.
- Value-based compensation. Strong base salary + transparent bonus structure. Finally, connecting your compensation with the value you bring!
- Ownership. It’s not here quite yet, but we are working out how and when to adopt an employee ownership structure because we’re that focused on unlimited growth for team members.
- Open and transparent management. We’re growing and looking for feedback on management, operations, benefits, the work we do and how we do it.
Want more details? Great! Here you go...
Zero Envy provides technical sustainability consulting for the built environment. We develop analytical models of buildings while they’re being designed to anticipate and then reduce their negative environmental impacts. We also work with existing buildings, synthesizing measured energy and utility data in order to identify issues and opportunities for energy savings. Our work is important, challenging and constantly evolving.
As a Building Performance Analyst, your primary duties will include:
- Whole building energy modeling for net zero energy, LEED certification, energy code compliance, utility incentive programs and other high performance goals.
- Measurement & verification systems design and implementation support
- Daylight analysis and consulting
- Development of spreadsheet and/or scripting tools to standardize and automate our workflows
The ideal candidate has the following qualities:
- Passion for sustainability and drive to make a difference
- Motivated, self-starter that can manage their own workload and schedule
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well in a collaborative team setting
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, Architectural Engineering or other related discipline.
- 2+ years of experience in energy modeling / building performance analysis (We want the best fit, with junior or senior level)
- Proficient with IES Virtual Environment and/or EnergyPlus simulation tools.
- Has submitted 2+ times for LEED Optimize Energy Performance credit
- LEED AP, ASHRAE BEMP credentials preferred (not required)
- Programming skills using Python, Ruby, or other languages preferred (not required)
So far, so good? Send us your info.
- Email PDF copies of both cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Title the email subject as: “Building Performance Analyst - [Your Name]”
Zero Envy is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other legally protected characteristics. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. This position is Salary – Exempt.