We have an opening for a senior engineer with experience in energy modeling, energy code and training development and delivery. Below are the details about the company and the position. If you are interested, please send your resumes and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Karpman Consulting is an engineering consulting firm that conducts cutting edge research, building energy modeling to inform design and document compliance with energy code and above code programs, and provides implementation support to state and national programs for high performance buildings. If you are passionate about your work, are committed to the highest standards of technical excellence, love solving challenging problems and aspire to make an impact on projects ranging from the design of individual high performance buildings to the development of energy policy at the local, state, and national level, we are a perfect fit!
Senior Energy Engineer / Energy Engineer
We are looking for a motivated professional with excellent communication skills to support or lead the following projects:
- Energy modeling using eQUEST or similar tools to inform design, document LEED certification and energy code compliance, in support of energy audits and incentive program participation. This work includes completing technically demanding tasks, validating results, performing quality control, and presenting results to clients.
- Development of technical policies and tools for modeling-based incentive programs, such as simulation guidelines and reporting templates, and reviewing incentive program project submittals
- Technical training development and delivery
- Research involving energy code, energy modeling, and high-performance buildings
- Minimum 3 years of experience in energy modeling and energy consulting.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of eQUEST or similar tools
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of ASHRAE Standard 90.1
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of building systems
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Degree in engineering or related field
- Coding and software development skills a plus
- Expertise in energy auditing and commissioning a plus
- BEMP, PE, CEM, or LEED AP a plus
70k – 100k+ salary, commensurate with experience
Stimulating work environment
Generous health, vacation and retirement benefits
Flexible work schedule
Remote employment will be considered for permanent US residents only.