San Francisco, CA
We are seeking a Senior Engineer/Analyst to join our Codes and Standards Team in the San Francisco Office. You will be a member of the Sustainability Group and will execute projects with the Program Director of Codes and Standards and other team leaders. The person selected to fill this position shall have deep knowledge of building science, energy-efficient technologies, energy modeling, and energy codes. Knowledge of large-scale simulation and Title 24 is a plus.
As a member of NORESCO’s Codes and Standards team, you will have broad impact on California’s energy code as well as on national energy codes, and on U.S. energy efficiency markets through our work in the sustainability and performance contracting business. NORESCO’s group of talented individuals, possessing diverse and specialized skills covering a wide range of capabilities in the energy efficiency sector, are able to leverage unique and existing client relationships, providing you with limitless opportunities for growth and having an impact in shaping the sustainability landscape in California and beyond.
Role and Responsibilities
• Lead and conduct energy efficiency analyses using energy modeling and applied techniques, cost-effectiveness analyses, and other analyses related to energy policy
• Provide clear and well-written memorandums and reports to various clients (investor-owned utilities, state energy commissions, building owners, architects, engineers) regarding energy policy and other analyses
• Ensure technical quality and accurate technical content of project-related documents and provide oversight and review of supporting staff
• Meet and contact clients as appropriate to discuss methods, and present results and recommendations
• Support business development efforts
• Develop and manage project budgets, schedules, and tasks with minimal oversight
• Occasional business travel (mostly within California).
• Master’s degree in Engineering (mechanical, electrical, environmental, architectural, or related sustainability field)
• 5+ years of work experience in related area (or Bachelor’s degree plus 7 years)
• Knowledge of Title 24, ASHRAE Standard 90.1, IECC, and other energy codes and standards
• Experience with EnergyPlus, eQuest/DOE-2, and OpenStudio
• Experience with large-scale simulations, data analysis, and scripting
• Expertise in complex building mechanical systems and state-of-the-art energy efficiency technologies and applications
• Demonstrated ability to write technical reports, papers, and provide presentations to knowledgeable audiences
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Working knowledge of and experience with the architectural design process and all phases of design and construction from pre-design to construction administration
Exciting Things are Happening at NORESCO
In addition to codes and standard development, NORESCO’s Sustainability Services group offers a full suite of sustainable design consulting services, including energy auditing, commissioning and retro-commissioning, energy & daylighting analysis, LEED® certification consulting, and sustainability master planning. As one of the largest energy services companies in the U.S., NORESCO utilizes design-build and performance-based contracting vehicles to deliver energy and maintenance savings and significant infrastructure upgrades to existing facilities. NORESCO also provides build, own, operate and maintain (BOOM) services for central heating, cooling and power-generation systems.
What makes NORESCO unique is our ability to engineer and implement turnkey energy solutions that meet each customer’s individual needs. At NORESCO, we pride ourselves on the excellent relationships we maintain with our customers. We earn their trust and respect through listening and timely response to their needs and concerns. These relationships, along with pursuing and hiring the best people, are truly why NORESCO is a leader in the energy industry.
NORESCO is part of UTC Building & Industrial Systems, a unit of United Technologies Corporation.
NORESCO offers a comprehensive benefits plan including:
• Build your own medical & dental plans. Choose among a variety of plans to create the best benefits program for you and your family
• Paid time off (including sick, vacation, personal & holidays)
• Generous matching 401K
• Tuition Reimbursement (full payment after one year of employment)
• Short- and long-term disability
• Life Insurance
• Flexible Spending Account
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
If interested, please apply through the portal link here: