New Ecology, Inc. is seeking a Solutions Architect in its Boston office.
New Ecology is developing low-cost building monitoring systems designed to reduce energy and water consumption, reduce carbon outputs, improve occupant comfort, lower operating costs and reduce equipment maintenance costs. We have developed and deployed monitoring solutions for heating and hot-water systems in multifamily housing that collect operational data for fault-detection and controls optimization, and monitors potable water consumption in real time. NEI is building a team to help expand this work into new market sectors and equipment types while reaching a scale that can have measurable impacts on energy efficiency. We believe this approach is capable of rapidly reducing carbon emissions.
New Ecology, Inc. (NEI) is an innovative, nationally-recognized non-profit corporation. Our work is to provide energy efficiency and green building services that cost-effectively improve the performance, health and durability of buildings. Our clients are typically owners of multifamily housing, (with an emphasis on affordable housing) and community-based projects such as municipal, educational and arts buildings. Projects include buildings that are being newly constructed, renovated, or are just seeking improved performance; see www.newecology.org. New Ecology is also a founder of WegoWise, Inc., the leading provider of energy data services to owners of multifamily housing. See www.wegowise.com.
Working directly with the Chief Technology Officer, the Solutions Architect will manage the research and development and implementation of systems to remotely monitor operational conditions in buildings. The work includes:
- selecting and configuring hardware to monitor building systems and conditions,
- developing and troubleshooting networking and communication systems,
- integrating with building automation systems,
- developing and deploying software to analyze complex data streams, and
- managing contractors in all of these areas.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, or similar
- Graduate degree in automation, process control, machine learning, or data science
- 3+ years’ work experience in a technical setting that includes IT, building automation and IoT that includes product development and project management
- IT, networking, computer security
- Proficiency in at least one programming language
- Familiarity with Relational Databases and/or Time Series Databases
- Experience working with REST APIs
Preferred Technical Experience in:
- Machine Learning tools
- Cloud computing infrastructures (AWS, Azure)
- Wireless sensors and communications protocols (e.g., LoRaWAN)
- BAS/BMS Controls programming
- SkyFoundry SkySpark.
We are seeking candidates that are entrepreneurial, love to solve complex problems and are committed lifelong learners who do their best work in a collaborative setting. We require solid written and verbal communications skills. The ideal candidate would have experience in the energy industry and an understanding of mechanical systems (e.g., boilers, pumps, etc.).
Schedule: Full time, exempt. Occasional travel to job sites and meetings throughout Greater Boston area may be required.
Compensation: Competitive pay and generous benefits package. Professional development is a priority and we provide financial assistance for training and certifications.
To Apply: Please submit your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com (please put “Solutions Architect” in subject line).
NEI is committed to developing a diverse staff. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply.