Resource Refocus LLC is looking for an experienced energy modeler with familiarity with building energy codes to join our team on a full time or part time basis.
- A background in building science or mechanical engineering with a minimum of 2-3 years experience with building energy analyses including energy savings and cost evaluations and LCA for residential, multifamily, and commercial buildings
- Familiarity with building energy codes, especially IECC, ASHRAE 90.1, California Title 24, and model stretch codes
- Familiarity with electrification / decarbonization / grid harmonization measures and analyses
Energy modeling expertise
EnergyPlus, BEopt, OpenStudio
- Working with prototypes on parametric and large scale studies
- Building-level EEMs related to mechanical HVAC, electrification measures
- Regression-based modeling
- EnergyPlus, BEopt, OpenStudio
- Strong project management and communication skills, and excellent technical writing skills including demonstrated ability to write and review reports or technical papers
Data analysis and visualizations
- R, Python, etc.
- Experience with code compliance modeling
- Familiarity with IPMVP protocols
- Familiarity with statistical analyses and sample design
- Involvement in relevant professional organizations
ABOUT RESOURCE REFOCUS
Resource Refocus LLC is a small women-owned consulting firm created in 2010 with a reputation for providing technically rigorous and creative solutions for zero net energy (ZNE) and zero carbon (ZC) buildings in California, New York, and other parts of the country. Our recurring clients include utilities, state agencies, energy modeling and monitoring firms, and research universities.
Our main office is located in Berkeley / Oakland, California. We are currently working fully remote and are open to candidates who would work remotely.
For more information about Resource Refocus LLC and our team, please visit our website at http://www.resourcerefocus.com/
HOW TO APPLY
Please send an email to email@example.com with the following:
- Subject line “Technical Consultant - Your Name”
- Attach a resume and cover letter
- Indicate whether you are interested in full time, part time, or either
- Include the best email and phone number for follow-ups (we will schedule any calls)
Note: U.S. Citizens or Green Card holders only - No sponsorship available